Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where in the World is Lacy Clay

I have called, I have emailed and I have looked online and nowhere can I find Congressman William "Lacy" Clay. He is not having any open house or town hall meetings. He is not responding to emails from his constituents. His staff is not returning calls from his constituents.

What ever shall we do?

I know that a lot of attention has been paid to Russ Carnahan in the third district and rightfully so. We still have another Congressman in St. Louis who is just as, if not more liberal than Russ. William "Lacy" Clay has been lock stop with the DNC and Barack Obama. He appears to have no concerns for his constituents who are not in St. Louis city and those municipalities nearby. Since redistricting in 2001, Lacy Clay represents Ferguson, Florissant, Hazelwood, Maryland Heights, Spanish Lake, St. Louis, and University City. Since that time he has done little to nothing to reach out to those not in or directly nearby the city. It appears that he does not care too either and once again it looks like he is going to run unopposed in 2010. I know that trying to find an opponent to run against Clay and win with his district is tough. At this point, many of us would settle for a RINO over one of the most unabashed Liberals in St. Louis.

In a related matter, my ongoing project to hit these Congressmen where it hurts is going well. I have found all of the company PAC's that donated to every Congressman in Missouri as well as Robin Carnahan. I am working on a letter that can be emailed to each company letting them know your displeasure and your willingness to not use their products/services if they do not pull their contributions or use their influence to listen to the will of the people.

Please let me know your thoughts, I would love to hear from you.

No comments: