Monday, July 27, 2009

Sarah Palin - What to do?

Let me start off by saying I am a big Sarah Palin fan. I think she is a great role model for young women. I like that she says whats on her mind and does not get uppity about it like many of the East Coast politicians who think they are smarter and better than the rest of us. That said, I think Sarah has some work that she needs to do some homework before she is ready for a possible presidential run in 2012.

What I have just said is nothing new, but here is my concern. Sarah is the embodiment of what could turn into a big issue for the Republican/Conservative movement. She has put out indicators that after being burned by the Republican party, she may be looking to start up a third party movement. The question really becomes, do we really want Sarah making a third party or even more do we want to risk Sarah being the catalyst for a second term of you better Hope I leave you some Change Barack Obama?

Honestly I fear that as things sit right now, she could cause a three way race between Obama, Romney and herself. That would spell chaos. As a fiscal conservative, I like Palin and aspects of Romney. As someone who is somewhere between conservative and moderate on social issues, I am torn. If there was a three way election today, the only thing I can guarantee is I would not vote for Obama.

Right now, I think Michael Steele and the Republican party better kiss and make up with Sarah, or it could spell real trouble come 2012.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more but then michael steele is sort of an idiot so I'm not sure such a good idea would enter his brain