Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Call for Help

Since the beginning of this blog, I have made my beefs with Lacy Clay known. It is obvious that I am native of the North County area that he represents. My work and research to shed the light of truth on Lacy Clay has been read by many people throughout this nation. Thanks to the great program from Google called Analytics, I know for a fact that I not only have readers in the St. Louis area, but also in the US House of Representatives, the US Senate, the Washington Post, the New York Times and many others.

With that said, it upsets me that others have not gathered with me to expose Lacy Clay for the charlatan that he is. Instead, the focus continues to be solely on Russ Carnahan
There are many in the St. Louis area who feel the way I feel. There are Democrats, Republicans and Independents who have all emailed me, thanking me for bringing to light Clay's lack of service to his entire constituency. Here is just one of them.

This is just one of many emails I receive. I have talked and emailed with local businessmen who are afraid to speak out against Clay and even local county officials who represent North County because as one person told me, "you are the only one covering it. Until more people start talking, no one at the Post or anywhere else is going to pick this stuff up."

I know Russ Carnahan is an easier target than Clay, but that does not mean we shouldn't try. Lacy Clay continues to run uncontested. He is able to do so, because no one is willing to stand up and show the community that he is not a representative of them. No, instead he is the child of a Congressman who was raised and schooled, mostly, in the DC area and did not come to St. Louis until he wanted to start his political career. As a politician, he has done nothing but ride on the coattails of his father and pretend to take care of his constituents, when in reality he is doing nothing but trying to suppress them. Why not go after both Clay and Carnahan? If we can show the community that Clay is vulnerable, someone will take the chance to run against him and have a chance at winning. Let's not just give up because it is hard.

I know I will continue to go after any politician, Democrat or Republican, who does not represent the people and continues to do things in their own personal interest. Is there any other blogger, reporter, or commentator who is with me?

No comments: